Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Plot Lines - Part 2

     So I don't have any excuse. I should have posted. I'm sorry. I do have a life, but this time, I have no excuse. So anyway,
     Hello, writers!
     In the last post, we went over plot lines. However, I want to stress something that I didn't go over last time:

  • Interconnecting plot lines
     Let me show you what I mean:


     This picture (taken from Google Images) is a small example of an interconnected story-line between two people. A story is SO much more lifelike if it is interconnected. If you think about it, your life is not a single trial of events. Your relationships are not single trails of events. Instead, they all affect each other. A few examples would be:
  • Your life is not a trail of single, unconnected events. Example: You may not see your coworker or get groceries every day, but they are a recurring relationship or "event" in your life.
  • Your relationships are all interconnected. For example, Princess Lexi doesn't want her mother, the queen, to know that Princess Lexi is in love with the lower-ranking knight, when her mother wants her to marry Prince Dumbperson. (don't judge me - he couldn't take a hint) 
Don't you just love it when the author shows clearly how one piece of the puzzle involving story-lines is connected with the last piece? Take Count of Monte Cristo. (The movie sucked when it came to the interconnected elements in the book, but it's a start) That leaves me satisfied, when I can read the last page, and the whole story comes together.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment