Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Floor 17 Intro

     Today I came across a very interesting tip on plot lines. You can check out this little treasure I discovered here. It will help your mind-set when thinking about how to drive a plot forward. Not having problems with the plot-line? Here is a great treasure on writing an epic conclusion. I wish I had some of this wisdom natively; however, I do not, and don't wish to copy and paste, so if you want this little jewel, go here.
     So, how was your day? That's good. Mine was pretty good, but busy, thank you for asking.  :D
     I decided to jump the tracks and start writing blog posts about my new project, Floor 17. Why? Because I do not have full rights to the other book, Rift in Reality.  My new book is fully mine, and I can reveal what I want to without giving too much away.  :D
     I have not been very consistent with writing my book. I'm not about to lay out my life story; however, I do have a better reason not to write than to write. Also, you are awesome. I don't like leaving you hanging. :D
     First, let me tell you about my book. My book is a venture into the world of spirit powers.          
     BORRRINNG!
     Actually, it's a stumble into a straight up beat-down between two wizards, both of which live in the 1600s. In 1684, these two battle, and their battle actually directly affects events in 2018. Our window begins there...
I am not finished with the outline yet, but I have been working on the basic plot line for this story. I plan to reveal more as I work on it.
Do you want to hear the inspiration for this story? Of course you do.
I was attending a fundraiser for one of my friend's charity organizations. It was a beautiful day, and the sun was smiling on the city below. The fundraiser was at the very top of a 22-story building. I met my friend, then decided to go down to the parking garage and retrieve my computer. I forgot what floor I was parked on (it was a multi-story garage), but other than that, I didn't have much trouble. I walked over, picked up my laptop bag, and got back in the elevator. I pushed the Floor 22 button, and waited. Eventually the elevator doors closed, and the elevator started moving upward. I impatiently stood still, eager to get back to the fundraiser.
Suddenly the elevator stops. Surprised, I look over. I'm on Floor 17.
I stand back as the doors open, thinking that perhaps there were office workers who wanted to go home.
It's Saturday.
As the doors fully open, they reveal an office corridor, pitch black. There are no lights on.
Feeling spooked now, I slowly peek my head out, wondering if the apocalypse had occurred.
There is not a soul in sight, at least not that was visible to the human eye.
Before I had two seconds to think, my imagination conjured up armies of demons racing down the hallway to fed on my flesh.
Alarmed now, imagination racing, I backed up quickly, and hit the Floor 22 button again. The doors close, too slowly for my feverish imagination, and slowly the elevator starts to rise again. Congratulating myself for surviving, I take several deep breaths, and once the elevator doors open, proceed to walk over to my friend and brother and tell them all about what happened.
So, that's my inspiration. Don't laugh; you weren't there.


2 comments: